KEEFER MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP AUDITION
Valley Music Academy is excited to offer the Keefer Music Scholarship for one year (up to 36 lessons) of private music lessons during the 2018-19 school year. The scholarship award is determined annually based on grant funding from the Keefer Memorial Scholarship fund which is funded and administeredby Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church in Waynesboro, VA.
- Students wishing to audition for the 2018-19 scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full time student at Waynesboro HS in Waynesboro, VA for the 2018-19 school year.
- Be actively involved in the music program at Waynesboro HS during the 2018-19 school year, either enrolled in the school music program or involved regularly in an extracurricular music activity throughout the year.
- Demonstrate a desire to improve their music skills through private instruction.
- Be willing to attend up to 36 weekly private music lessons at Valley Music Lessons to be completed between July 2018 and June 2019.
- Be willing to maintain a regular weekly attendance with minimal pre-arranged absences as approved by VMA.
- Be willing to practice outside of lessons for a minimum amount of time each week as required by the VMA instructor.
- Be willing to perform at the VMA Student recitals in May of 2019.
- Be willing to perform a musical selection during an event or service hosted by or at Grace Lutheran Church during the term of the scholarship award.
- Application & Audition Procedures:
- Applicants must complete and successfully submit the application form on this site.
- Submit a 3-5 minute video recording of the applicant performing a written musical composition that adequately demonstrate your current music performance level.
- Submit a copy of the composition you are performing in the video audition. Copies are accepted under fair use for educational purposes.
- Provide the name and email of your music teacher and grant them permission to provide VMA a written evaluation and/or recommendation.
All audition materials must be submitted no later than May 31, 2018.
- Scholarship Award Recipients will be notified by email or by mail by June 30, 2018.
- Failure to respond/accept the award within in 2 weeks may result in forfeiture of the scholarship award.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the quality of the audition provided by a panel of VMA faculty, staff and/or board members.
- All auditions will be considered without regard to applicant's race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, or physical or mental handicap.
- Scholarship awards will range between 50 percent - 100 percent of regular VMA private lesson tuition rates. Maximum scholarship award is $828.00 per recipient for 2018-19 award year.
- Scholarship recipients are requested to provide minimal household financial information to Valley Music Academy. This information will help VMA evaluate the percentage amount of scholarship to be provided to each recipient. Students/Families are not required to share this information with VMA to be considered for the scholarship award. Award winners who do not provide the requested information will automatically receive the 50 percent tuition scholarship award of $414.00. To be considered for a higher percentage award, this information is required.
VMA is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization. The goal of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to a student(s) who has demonstrated a level of proficiency and a desire to excel in music performance with the opportunity to study privately on his/her instrument with a quality music teacher.